Re: [tycho-user] Preferred way to offer zipped, standalone update sites?

Hi,

I see .. so every time you push a new eclipse repository from the
current build, you would like to refresh the composite repository to
contain all required (not all) dependencies?

Or should the composite update site only be mirrored once?

Jens

On 03/26/2015 05:00 PM, Andreas Sewe wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
>> first of all I have to say that I am the author of what I am suggest
>> next ;-)
>>
>> You could use Package Drone [1], which allows you to host e.g. P2
>> repositories. You can upload a full P2 repository zip (manually or using
>> mvn deploy) and consume it  as P2 repository. You can upload multiple P2
>> Zips into one "channel". Each channel will be rendered as a P2
>> repository, so you can combine multiple P2 repository. Although this is
>> not a composite repository, from a technical point of view. So the
>> amount of data you upload is under you control.
> that sounds very useful (a bit like the Nexus Unzip plugin) if you have
> a zipped update site to host. However, my original question was more
> like "How can I create such a zipped update site?"
>
> My inputs are
>
> - An eclipse-repository produced in the current build
> - A composite update site pointing to several external p2 repositories
>
> My output should be
>
> - A packed p2 repository containing all my inputs
>
> Hope that clarifies things.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andreas

Back to the top