[tycho-user] Versions Maven Plugin and Tycho?

I recently happened across this collection of "maven functionality":
http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/

Does anyone have any experience using these with Tycho builds? Do they "work"?
I'm especially interested in the following:

versions:display-dependency-updates
versions:display-plugin-updates
versions:display-property-updates
versions:lock-snapshots

The first three just as a possible way to "check the build" every now and then ...
The fourth (lock-snapshots) as a way to "lock down" a snapshot,
say during a critical period of development (such as delivering a milestone).

I am partially asking since they seem oriented to "Maven 2". I could not find counterparts for "Maven 3".
Anyone know of similar, but better?, functionality for Maven 3 and/or Tycho?