[tycho-user] conditionally skip eclipse product build

Hi all,

I have noticed that during our Tycho builds the actual building of the Eclipse product and update sites (handled by the Maven module with eclipse-repository packaging using the tycho-p2-director-plugin plugin) takes a lot of time. Depending on the build (e.g. CI verification builds) this may not be required, so I was looking into skipping that.

What I first did was to add a Maven profile to the product pom.xml containing the <build> with the tycho-p2-director-plugin so that the product would only be built when the corresponding profile was specified on the command line. This worked well but I noticed that Maven would still spend some time (around 6 seconds) processing the product module (it would for instance still archive the repository). So as a next step I moved the profile to the aggregator module where I using that only conditionally include the product module in the build.

I would like to know if there are any best practices regarding this. Are there for instance some good reasons not to do what I am doing or are there better ways?

Thanks,

Knut

Back to the top