[tycho-user] Configuration to use a target definition file and still being able to build individual bundles

Hi,

I'm would like to use a target definition file and still being able to build individual bundles. Currently this does not work for me.

Here is my setup:

Project T - Contains target definition file
Project parent - contains the configuration using T to define the target platform

<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
<version>${tycho.version}</version>

<configuration>
<!-- This defines the target definition file -->
<target>
<artifact>
                                                <!-- This points to T  -->
<groupId>com.vogella.tychoexample</groupId>
<artifactId>com.vogella.build.targetdefinition</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</artifact>
</target>
                      </configuration>
</plugin>

Now I have Project A which uses Project parent as parent POM. If I run the build for A, T is not in the Maven reactor and Tycho cannot resolve the target definition.

Workaround: I can solve this with an aggregator project which lists all these projects as modules  but I would like to keep the ability to build my bundles individually.

Any suggestions / examples how to use target platform definition files but still being able to build individual bundles?

Best regards, Lars

Back to the top