Re: [tycho-user] Unexplained compilation error

On 11/22/12 2:38 AM, "Krzysztof Daniel" <kdaniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Eric,
>
>You may want to visit
>http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform#Dependency_resolution_troubl
>eshooting
>and call your build with Run mvn with
>"-Dtycho.debug.resolver=yourbundleid -X"
>
>This should print exactly what is being resolved.
>
>On the other hand, you may want to look at emf git log to check when
>this method was added - at least you will know which emf versions may
>play a role here.
>
>Yet another thing to check is searching for EMF bundles in the maven
>repo - maybe there are multiple versions of EMF loaded.

Daniel,
Thanks for the link and the debug property; I'll save those for future
troubleshooting. It turns out this specific problem was due to someone
having added a JAR to the plugin that included some (old) EMF classes in
it. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've encountered that
particular bad habit on this project :-(

Eric