Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [tycho-user] MD5 hash is not as expected.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I delete the MD5 entry from the artifacts.jar since P2 really throws wobblies if this is invalid. By deleting it from the artifacts.jar before publishing it to a repository it generally fixes the problem.
> This often happens when you are post-processing the JAR (e.g. signing it, Pack200 etc.) but after the P2 metadata step has completed. I have written a small XSLT to strip out the md5 from the XML (though you can use a command line tool like 'sed' if you haven't reflowed the content) as a specific post-processing step.

I found the problem.

It was because I had another version deployed (, and the
Nexus P2 plugins were resolving 15.0.0 to this version - which of
course has a different MD5.

It was handy you mentioned artifacts.jar since I could look at the
artifacts.xml file and see that the md5 values listed there were the
values that I expected.
Once I found that the plugin jar contents were not real jars (they are
~1KB) and then looking inside them to find a LINK to the
version of the jar everything made senses.

Google should be able to help the next fool who stuffs up the version
numbering scheme and comes across this problem from the pain I've had
for the last few days.

Back to the top