Re: [tycho-user] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError when launching from a tycho build

I downloaded the demo and it runs fine,     I then modified the pom files that came with the crossplatform demo  to remove the eclipse repository and replaced it with the repositories of our target platform (which includes the delta pack).      This too built and  ran fine.    That tells me my target platform repositories are probably ok.

One thing I noticed is that in the demo the build is being done differently that what I was doing.     In the pom file with the product file the packaging type is   eclipse-application.    I have been using  packaging type of eclipse-repository and then added directives to materialize the product (See the end of the note for a snippet of the pom)

The eclipse-application approach does not build the application.ini file.     I tried building my application this way and created the ini file that I needed (The application will not start without some of the directives in the ini file.    However, this did not work.   It seemed the executable did not even try to read the ini.     So I am still stuck

   <plugin>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
      <artifactId>tycho-p2-director-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>${tycho-version}</version>
      <executions>
          <execution>
             <id>materialize-products</id>
             <goals>
                 <goal>materialize-products</goal>
             </goals>
            </execution>
                 <execution>
                    <id>archive-products</id>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>archive-products</goal>
                   </goals>
               </execution>
         </executions>

      <configuration>
        <products>
          <product>
            <id>mypluginnamehere</id>
          </product>
         </products>

        <installFeatures>false</installFeatures>
        <profile>DefaultProfile</profile>
      </configuration>

    </plugin>

Brian Kozitza