[tycho-user] Make a maven-plugin that consumes p2 API

Hi all,

I'd like to create a Tycho plugins that consumes p2 API. The idea of this plugin is to read the output site of an "eclipse-repository", in order to generate additional files from it.
I took a look at Tycho code in order to find something similar, but I have to admit I did not succeed to find something that would match my use-case. Apparently, it seems that I would have to write the following lines somewhere to be able to consume p2 API:

        ServiceReference providerRef = context.getServiceReference(IProvisioningAgentProvider.SERVICE_NAME);
        IProvisioningAgentProvider provider = (IProvisioningAgentProvider) context.getService(providerRef);
        agent = provider.createAgent(null); // null == currently running system

However, this line depend on OSGi and probably require to be run in an instance of Equinox. And as far as I know, my maven-plugin is not run in an OSGi container...

I imagine Tycho have a nice way to get access to p2 API in Maven plugins. Could you please share some examples of code or tips on this topic?

Regards,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by RedHat