Re: [tycho-dev] Abandoning Java < 11 support for tycho-surefire-plugin?

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 5:19 PM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Hi,

do you think you can help Mickael in upgrading the surefire booter to
surefire 3.x but remain java 1.8 compat?

I actually moved back to Java 8 yesterday to make some tests stop complaining. So unless I find 1 good reason to use Java 11, I'll stick to Java 8 for the moment because it's simpler to keep all tests happy with it.
My current issue is that test progress report is written slightly differently with newer surefire, in a way that could be a regression according to some tests. That's what I've been investigating, but any help would be welcome.

Back to the top