Re: [tracecompass-dev] Promoting the Resources View to first view of Trace Compass LTTng Analysis

Good idea. The CPU cores view can carry a lot of information (which thread and even which function is executing at any given time) and provides an excellent global picture of the state of our system. It may not be too exciting for a simple CPU core machine. On the other extreme, a Xeon Phi with 240 virtual cores will remain a bit overwhelming.

Popular applications such as Top manage the complexity by showing the most active threads on top.