Re: [tools-pmc] website

My two cents:

+1 on trying to do >something< about the confusing 'eclipse general' vs. 'project specific' links. Apache sites have the same issues, especially looking at something like a project in jakarta commons, which is very 'deep' - the actual project, jakarta commons, jakarta, apache.

Actually, now that I've just browsed some of those sites, I think they must have cleaned up their act quite a bit, or I'm just remembering how it worked differently. Looks quite good now, as far as I'm concerned.

For example, take a look at:

	http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/

To step 'out' of that project, there's a link at the top right of the page to take you to 'commons' in general. In the right hand nav-bar, there are more 'commons' links, all the way at the bottom. The logo at the top left will take you to the grandparent.

I think that's what you want to shoot for; if I go to a project page, give me a link to go 'up', and perhaps some interesting 'aunt/uncle' links, but make them 2nd class citizens. Most people aren't going to need these links, so get them out of way.

Patrick Mueller
http://www.muellerware.org/