Re: [tinydtls-dev] Question about current status/support with Contiki

Hi Olef,

After be able to run smoothness TinyDTLS with RIOT, I'm retaking my work with Contiki and TinyDTLS.  Right now, I'm focused to make run your code correctly with Contiki 3.0.

But seems that the general issue is memory.  I'm unable to fit the client inside of sky or wismote motes.   Only in Z1 motes, I generated a special file for the platform-specific with the following parameters:

#define HAVE_ASSERT_H 1
typedef unsigned int ssize_t;

The ssize_t is because I'm using the same code I used for RIOT. Everything is fine except the dynamic memory in Contiki as is impossible to generated enough space for the sessions and thus all the calls to memb_alloc fails.

Seems that Contiki 3.0 is too big for  TinyDTLS 0.8.2.   I'll try some testings with Contiki 2.7 to verify it.

Raul Fuentes <ra.fuentess.sam+tinyDTLS@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello, Olef
>
> Many thanks by your time.
>
> I need to stop working in this part of my thesis for a time,to focus
> in other one
> (ah, the thesis).

Good luck :-)

> By the way, I'll reinforce the idea of update the current version,
> maybe to 0.8.6.

You are absolutely right, will do.

> The results with a simple diff between the coded from Eclipse and
> Sourceforge
> is too much. At least, is my perception.

Best regards
Olaf

Back to the top