Re: [technology-pmc] Code Contributions by Member of Red Hat

Hi,

Here are some ideas.

I think having button on the bug, with label "Can I commit?", which would open another page with some relevant questions such as "how long is your contribution?", "Are you a committer on another project?", ... and then tell the user whether he can commit or not would be easies to find and understand than the poster.
I made a demo to Wayne during EclipseCon 2010 about an implementation of the legal process with a BPM tool, exactly for this use case. You can find some ideas there: http://www.bonitasoft.org/exchange/extension_view.php?eid=10

But all that stuff may already be too difficult to set up. Maybe a link "Can I commit?" on BugZilla and IPZilla issues that would open the poster would be an efficient first step.

My 2c.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik
<konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You do not need a CQ in this case assuming other conditions are met. You
> just need to tag it for the IP log. See the IP process poster:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster.pdf

+1, unfortunately this isn't clear for many people... I wonder how we
can make this clearer for folks...

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk