Re: [linux-distros-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] PMC approval needed for committer vote for anithra

Hi,

* Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-04-17 11:46]:
> Based on the nomination text, I managed to find the bugzilla entry
> containing the contribution and took a look through it. All of the .java
> file in the contribution have three names in the headers. Other than a
> file path in the DMRequest.java (which somebody should probably look at
> btw), there is no evidence that Anithra did any work on it (though, this
> is pretty compelling evidence that he did work on it).

I was under the impression that Anithra was the new maintainer and
development had been restarted.  I've seen posts from him on the
SystemTap mailing list and he's been active in getting this stuff into
Linux distributions.

> There is very little record in bugzilla to support the nomination. I've
> only found one entry in the mailing list from Anithra announcing the
> contribution.

That isn't sufficient?  It's a bit of a catch 22 if someone wants to
contribute code and work on it at eclipse.org but they can't be a
committer to do so.  Maybe we should have an incubator?  We're in
incubation ourselves ...

> What does somebody need  to do to be worthy of joining the project?

IMO:  contributing code.

> In the future, as part of these elections, please provide more explicit
> justification for the election. Explicitly list the bug number.
> Explicitly state that he was a major contributor.

Understood.

Andrew

Back to the top