Re: [technology-pmc] Advice on how to request pre-req dependency for the Maven Embedder

I don't have a date (maybe Eugene knows better), but we could ask for an estimation to maven developers if that's important.

However, our mentors suggested we start processing dependencies so we can later upgrade them faster.

The first alpha is expected to be released this week [1], so it looks like the right time to start processing the embedder.

As Eugene noted, the embedder is not yet stable and dependencies might come and go, so a pre-req dependency seems to fit better than a full IP review of each of the embedder components and its dependencies.

Anyway, older embedder versions have been used by q4e (now Eclipse IAM) and m2eclipse (now Eclipse m2e). It is also used to provide maven suport in other IDEs. So even if the latest version is not top-quality yet, the dependency on older versions still applies.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Building-maven-3.0.x-td20914299.html#a20917078