Re: [technology-pmc] Advice on how to request pre-req dependency for the Maven Embedder

Any idea how far away the maven embedder is from a real release?

Wayne

Abel Muiño wrote:
Hello PMC,

The IAM (http://www.eclipse.org/iam) team would like to request pmc approval
and guidance for declaring a pre-req dependency on the maven embedder.

The maven embedder is a set of libraries that allow the use of maven from a
host application (in this case, IAM).

The maven embedder is still under development (i.e. not released) so we are
asking for a pre-req dependency to be able to use snapshots of current
development. Our goal will be to process CQs for the embedder components
once they reach the beta or release status, as adviced by the IP team.

The maven embedder is part of maven 3.0 and developed at the apache
foundation. Its dependencies are either ASL or MIT licensed.

The packaging of the embedder components as an eclipse bundle (and feature)
is currently done on a non-eclipse project at googlecode (
http://q4e.googlecode.com). Another packaging is also available from the m2e
project (also outside of eclipse).