Re: [sumo-user] Mismatch between chosen lane using TraCI and lane change state
Thank you for your response. I am reattaching the zip file with the following files renamed:
- simulate-sublane.sh renamed to simulate-sublane.txt
- sublanechange.py renamed to sublanechange.txt
>>> ex1: looks ok: the vehicle could change lane but just doesn't want to (left/right are missing from the state) - couldAndWant requires both opportunity *and* intent
The information missing from the state is what is causing my doubt. I can't tell why it doesn't want to after being commanded by TraCI to do the same. Not sure where the 'want' even arises from - as in SUMO wants to do something else? That is if there is an opportunity to lane change (couldChangeLane is True), and TraCI tells it to (wants to change Lane), should it not follow the command?
>>> ex4: like ex1 but the screenshot doesn't show the agents in question
Agent f.4 is just inserted into the lane with index 1 at the beginning of the lane, and agent f.5 is one of the vehicles in the middle of the lane with index 0. The vehicle ids are shown in red on top of the vehicles. I'm not sure if the screenshots were filtered in some way.
Looking forward to your response.
> Thank you for your response. The exact method calls are the same as those provided in the actual code (in the zip file previously):
The previous zip did not contain your traci code but only XML files, so please send this again.
> The attached files ordered from ex0.png to ex5.png are some example screenshots of the issues.
- ex0 : working as intended: invalid targets are supposed to return false to 'could/want' calls
- ex1: looks ok: the vehicle could change lane but just doesn't want to (left/right are missing from the state) - couldAndWant requires both opportunity *and* intent
- ex2: needs further investigation (once I can run your code)
- ex3: looks to me like a mixup of directions: the vehicle wants to do a (sublane) change to the left and you're asking whether it could change to the right (no). Looks still a bit strange because the 'sublane' flag is missing from it's state so I'd still look at this
- ex4: like ex1 but the screenshot doesn't show the agents in question
- ex5: needs further investigation (once I can run your code)
sumo-user mailing list
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Description: Zip archive