[sumo-user] marouter: weight-adaption, weight-expand, (and weights-interpolate)

Hi all,

I have some trouble understanding the notion of the weight-adaption and weight-expand. I have a scenario where the aggregation period is 3600 and the weight-period is 900s. Demand is in one scenario, an OD matrix for 3600s and in the other one, two OD matrices for each 3600s (similar to https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/10004)
1. Is my assumption correct that the weight-adaption works similarly to the automatic routing (device.rerouting.adaptation-weight)? In my case it does not yield any difference when running the scenario with 0, 0.1, 0.9, or 1, which seems a bit strange to me.
2. In fact, the only way I get different results is when setting weight-expand true. It's not completely clear to me what this does - especially for the first scenario with a single 3600s OD matrix.
3. Also, I am not sure what weights-interpolate does when weight-adaption would be active.

Happy to share example files, if needed.
Any help would be appreciated!
Many thanks

Lukas

Back to the top