From: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Evans, Barry <B.Evans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:27
To: Sumo project User discussions
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] Why are vehicles stopping at a junction

I’m not sure if this will help but I had a similar situation with vehicles turning from a junction on a major road onto a service road into a parking area. My fix (though not sure if an efficient fix as I’m quite new to SUMO) was to run the simulation until the vehicle gets stuck at the junction. Then I stop/pause the simulation and then did the following:

0.       Make a backup of your network file

1.       right clicked on the vehicle that is stuck and selected “Show Current Route”

2.       visually check the highlighted route to see which edge is next in the vehicle’s route and take note of where it is

3.       right click again on vehicle and select “Hide Current Route”

4.       right click on edge you noted in point 2 and select “Copy edge name to clipboard”

5.       Open the network file that you’re using in your sumo simulation in a text editor and look for the Edge name identified in point 4.

6.       Check the “allow” or “disallow” properties to see if this is preventing the vehicle moving onto that edge. In my instance the edge had the following attribute:

allow=” delivery bicycle pedestrian"

which I think meant everything else was disallowed on that edge.

7.       If you have a similar cause as in point 6 the solution I used was to replace:

allow=” delivery bicycle pedestrian"

with

disallow="tram rail_urban rail rail_electric ship"

for that edge.

8.       Finally save the updated network file, reload the simulation in sumo and re-run

This seemed to allow the vehicle to continue onto the next edge. I then just repeated the process on rest of problematic edges in that vehicles route and it cleared the problem. You may be able to do points 5 – 7 in netedit software.

I hope this helps if the issue is similar.

Kind regards

Barry