Re: [sumo-user] Iteration over TLS Phases using TraCI

Thanks for pointing out the lack of documentation. It's somewhat fixed now. duration1 is the minimum duration and duration2 is the maximum duration. These values are only relevant in the context of actuated traffic lights. (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Traffic_Lights#Actuated_Traffic_Lights)
regards,
Jakob

Hi Jakob,

thank you for the support. I followed your instructions and worked, however I can't find any description regarding to the obtained parameters like: duration, duration1, duration2. What exactaly do they represent?

Thank you.

Hello,
setPhaseDuration only applies to the current active phase and is forgotten the next time that phase comes up in the cycle.
To customize all durations beforehand you need to use the command setCompleteRedYellowGreenDefinition() with a customized tls object.
An example tls object with all its phases and durations can be obtained using command getCompleteRedYellowGreenDefinition()
regards,
Jakob

Hello guys,

there's any way to iterate among TLS phases in order to change it's phase's duration using TraCI?

I created a network where I will use reinforcement learning to find the optimal format in order to rise the vehicles flow.

I thought in a logic to do that:
1) Get TLS IDs List
2) For each one: Check the state with getReadYellowGreenState() to figure out the number of phases
3) Iterate in each Phase using setPhase(), from 0 to 'number_of_phases' - 1
4) Use SetPhaseDuration() to change the value

The question is: There's some more straight approach to get this?

Thanks.
Best Regards.

--
Pedro J. Matuck