Re: [sumo-user] Doubt about simulation

The visualization of the variable speed sign shows km/h. If you right click on the lane and select show parameters it will show you maxspeed in m/s. In the xml files the value of the speed attribute is in m/s as well.

regards,
Jakob

Thanks, it worked. Now I have what I was looking for.

But, just to be clear, when I put 6.7 in my variableSpeedSign file, in my lane, appears 24. I thought that was the value in m/s, but the real value is that one which is set in the attribute speed. isn't it ?

Imagem inline 1

maxSpeed in your vType is in m/s as well. To get equal results, set it to 6.7.
regards,
Jakob

First, thanks for answering fast.
But this component sigma, I've already looked for it before, and my code is:

<vType id="carro_10" accel="2.6" decel="4" length="3.0" maxSpeed="24" sigma="0"/>
<route id="rota10" edges="gneE9 gneE15 gneE16 gneE17 gneE85 gneE86"/>
<vehicle departSpeed="max" depart="0" id="veiculo_10" route="rota10" type="carro_10"/>

For both simulation, with and without SpeedSign, the route file is the same, I have not changed.
Can be this the cause of the difference in the time ?

Best regards,
Victor Hugo.

Hello,
by default, vehicle speeds have a stochastic component (parameter sigma = 0.5) which causes vehicle to drive slower than the speed limit and also slower than indicated by the variable speed sign.
See http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/VehicleSpeed
regards,
Jakob

Hi, I'm trying to simulate a model which there are no collisions, to do that, I'm using variableSpeedSign to set the velocity of an edge.
My doubt is: Why is variableSpeedSign slower than a vehicle of the same velocity ?
Example:
<vType id="carro_10" accel="2.6" decel="4" length="3.0" maxSpeed="24" sigma="0"/>
and
<variableSpeedSign id="vss_50" lanes="gneE9_0">
    <step time="0" speed="6.7"/><!-- 24 KM/h -->
</variableSpeedSign>

Although the edge has the same size, the arrival time in the first crossroads is different. I don't understand, it should be same... I guess.