Re: [sumo-user] How to convert junction to edge?

Hello,
the small dark red dots are geometry points within an edge. They can be used to model curves without changing the edge id. Whenever the number of lanes changes or there is an intersection of 3 or more roads, all edges must have a unique id. In the norther intersection of your screen shot, (with the 5 red junctions in close proximity) only the central junction is needed. The others can be converted into geometry points (right-click and select 'replace by geometry node'). You can right click all junctions and you will see whether they can be converted. In version 0.31.0 you will also see a reason if conversion is not possible.
regards,
Jakob

From the picture below, there are many red dots, which represent nodes, and these nodes are labelled as junctions (info from Inspect element). As can be seen, there are multiple edges between two 4-way junctions. From the black circle, I realised that the small red dots are in fact labelled as edge, instead of junction, and all edges connected via small red dots have the same edgeID. So I wonder how could I set this into other routes so that all multiple edges lying between two 4-way junctions have the same edgeID?

Or Is it possible to group all edges connecting between two 4 junctions as one entity of an edge?

If there multi edges between 2 junctions are required, how to rename them so that they all have the same edgeID?

[cid:d5c87eee-7b32-49ed-8414-63b6e56afed1]