Re: [sumo-dev] Toll Plaza in SUMO

Hello,
you can only have one traffic light per edge but you can still control the lights for each lane independently.
Either by loading a predefined signal plan with appropriate states and durations or by using TraCI (traci.trafficlight.setState or traci.trafficlight.setLinkState)

Stops are not a good way to model a Toll Plaza  since you have to determine the stoppling lane in advance and this precludes switching to a shorter queue. (Unless you set the stops dynamically via TraCI once a vehicle has advance to the start of its queue).

Adding a new type of traffic-responsive traffic light algorithm inside sumo would be another solution. For contributing, see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/FAQ.html#how_do_code_contributions_work

regards,
Jakob