[sumo-dev] Extending SUMO by adding a new vehicle class that runs red lights

Hello sumo-dev team,

My name is Ryan Hamamoto and I am working on a project that involves extending SUMO to implement a new vehicle class. I want this vehicle class to run red lights. I am able to make vehicles run red lights with a TraCI python script with the command

traci.vehicle.setSpeedMode("vehicle1", 7);

disabling myEmergencyBrakeRedLight and myRespectJunctionPriority, but I want it to exhibit this behavior simply by specifying my new vClass in a route file (without the need of a python script). I want to use the command

v->getInfluencer().setSpeedMode(7);

within SUMOVTypeParameter.cpp where I am declaring a new vehicle class. I have already manipulated the speedfactor, impatience, mingap, and shape of this new vehicle class, but with this command specifically, I keep getting undefined references to getInfluencer(), MSNet::getInstance(), and other functions that are declared within the microsim directory even though I have #include'd all of the microsim header files I would need at the top of SUMOVTypeParameter.cpp. I suspect that this would require modification of the makefiles, which are very puzzling to me, so any guidance you are able to offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ryan Hamamoto

Back to the top