Re: [sumo-dev] netconvert of xodr files - unexplained offset

Hello,
the wording in the ticket may have been ambiguous (I just updated it). It is not just rendering. The generated lane geometries include the mentioned offset of 0.1m and this shows in the gui and all other tools that generate geometries from .net.xml.
The simulation logic ignores lateral gemetries and simply uses length and width values.

Hi Jakob,

thanks for the reply.
I am not sure, that the mentioned issue covers the problem.
What I am referring to is not a rendering issue (which is how I understood the description of https://github.com/DLR-TS/sumo/issues/3972)

When
1. converting the xodr with netconvert to sumo.net.xml
2. extracting raw geometry info from the xodr (-> wkt)
3. extracting raw geometry info from the net.xml (-> wkt)
4. visualizing those raw geometries in QGis
There apparently are noteworthy discrepancies.

or did I get something wrong?

thanks,
Gerald.