From: sumo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sumo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jakob Erdmann via sumo-devel
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 2:02 AM
To: Menno van der Woude <menno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; aboudy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: sumo-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [sumo-dev] [sumo-devel] Parallelizing sumo

Hello,
- the simulation itself is mostly single threaded. The only part that supports parallel operation is routing (using the --device.rerouting options). duarouter can also do routing in parallel
- we have some plans to work on further parallelization in 2018
- the traci library supports connecting to multiple simulations at the same time by using traci.connect and storing the returned connection object or by using traci.start with a label argument and the retrieving the connection instance using traci.getConnection (with that label).
(getConnection is only available in the latest development version / 0.32.0)
- @Menno: you can start sumo-gui with the options --start and --quit  in order to automatically start the simulation upon loading (and quit it after
finishing)
- @Menno: libsumo is due to be released tomorrow (still in alpha stage).

regards,