Re: [stp-dev] Idea on Integrating a New Policy tool for GSoc'09'

Hi Udayanga,

> As an project idea for GSoc 2009 i would like to propose ,
> integration of  my policy builder tool( Still in the development stage) for
> Eclipse STP(SOA Tools Project) Policy Editor tool and further enhance this
> tool and STP policy editor (ie:- configurations for making  Policy editor WS
> security policy aware,enhacing Policy Editor for all WS Policy Constructs,if
> possible implementing various security specs (RM,SC..) in Policy
> building,etc ) .

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply to you!  I think that
there's a lot we can do with the policy component in STP,
and directions like you mention above are very positive.

As you know the Policy Editor tool has two parts, one is
a graphically-styled editor for creating Policy Assertions,
and the other is a framework for constructing form-based
XML editors, with the idea of WS-Policy instance editing
for humans in mind.

I'll take your email in two parts as well - 1) integration of
the policy builder tool; 2) enhancements of the policy editor.

As for (1) I don't think I fully understand this exactly - it
sounds like a tool that reverse-engineers policy assertions
from the content of messages, is that right?

(2) sounds like getting into the policy editor and making
sure that it can correctly display standardized WS-Policy
specifications, kinda like creating a collection of clean
examplars for the editor, while providing out-of-the-box
capabilities for editing these awkward documents. Is that
what you mean?

I'll have more questions once we get those ones out of
the way ;)

 best regards
   Oisin

Back to the top