[stp-dev] Idea on Integrating a New Policy tool for GSoc'09'

Hi,

I'm an Computer Science Undergraduate who is currently undergoing training and engaged n the field of  Open Source  SOA products n development. I've recently being  doing project work in the area of WS Security (WS [Web Services] Policy derivation from SOAP messages n some OSGI component implementatons around that..) and have fair knowlege on WS security implementations. Also i  have an good  understanding in Apache Axis2 Engine and  been working on Apache Axis2 Engine developing Ruby Services deployment  using JRuby frame work..

I would pretty much like to participate in a Eclipse STP/WTP GSoc project for 2009  as i see this as a great opportunity to expand my understanding in this field and as a great learning experience. I am currently developing a Policy builder tool  for WSO2 Carbon platform which basically reads a SOAP message and derives a policy/multiple policies.(ie:- which in many ways  helpful for clients  in predicting policies of web-services who do not wish to publish their policies and build up a compatible policy at the client side as well..). As an project idea for GSoc 2009 i would like to propose ,  integration of  my policy builder tool( Still in the development stage) for Eclipse STP(SOA Tools Project) Policy Editor tool and further enhance this tool and STP policy editor (ie:- configurations for making  Policy editor WS security policy aware,enhacing Policy Editor for all WS Policy Constructs,if possible implementing various security specs (RM,SC..) in Policy building,etc ) .
However i'm not sure how feasible this  idea  or the scope would be hence did not include it into Eclipse GSoc 2009 plans wiki page.Therefore I would really like to be enlightened in this regard..Also i am open to any other related ideas put up by u all and  would really appreciate if you could give some feedback upon this. Thnx in advance..

Regards,
Udayanga  Wickramasinghe

Back to the top