[stp-dev] AW: [jwt-dev] JWT for SOA development with STP tools

Hi Marc, hi all,

thanks for your slides. I like your ideas, although I find it somehow hard
for our STP-colleagues to understand (since they don't know JWT good enough,
don't know what Bull is working on, etc.).

Am I right if I summarize the slides the following way?

Right now in STP there are several editors: one for BPMN, one for SCA, one
for policies, etc. What is missing is the glue between. The STP-IM is a
great approach to have changes of one model be visible in other models, too,
as all models are synchronized with the STP-IM-model. However, it is e.g.
not possible to integrate some SCA-services in BPMN, specify policies for
the BPEL-to-Java-generation, etc. (am I right here?)

One way of this integration of the different editors would be to use JWT.
Services that are designed e.g. using the SCA editor and published to the
STP-IM could be integrated in the JWT processes and called in a process
engine. When changes to the service design happen, then JWT could be
automatically informed through STP-IM and could show some warnings that the
process is not executable anymore the way it is designed.

Thereby, the process can also initially be modeled with the BPMN-editor, but
needs to be refined with technical data in the JWT workflow editor in order
to execute it lateron. This could either work using STP-IM or directly using
an ATL-transformation which Maxime and Stephane from Obeo thankfully
implemented in the last days.

The second scenario shows that the processes can be specified in JWT (maybe
BPMN before) and then can be exported to STP-IM (this is already possible)
in order to use them somewhere else (for BPEL-generation, etc.).

The new OW2-project Scarbo could then serve as one possible SOA runtime,
whereas Swordfish, Frascati, etc. are others.

Is this summary correct? What do others think of that?

I'm looking forward to some more discussion (latest at EclipseCon).

Best regards,

Florian

PS@Marc: Just a small question that I have concerning your slides: what does
SVC stand for?