[stp-dev] about Buckminster for STP

Hi Adrian,

Today, I fix building of STP(sc, soas) on Linux finally, and I believe it should work on Windows too, by adding some configuration arguments to Ant.

Also, I take a quickly look into the old build system which based on releng and PDE.

So, I have some questions on next stage:
1. since Buckminster require a root entry when resolve components, and we want to release STP based on different features, so should we setup some virtual components which will help us to organize STP features? Also some of the current features of STP doesn't include all plugins which belong to it, so I guess we need update them first, e.g. org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolve miss jaxws plugin

2. current build system will build, test, create distribution, site etc. So should we reimplement them using Buckminster, or just delegate other works to old build system and only use Buckminster for building and testing?

3. should we still use releng in Buckminster?

thanks,
--Alex

Back to the top