[stp-dev] [Fwd: Re: always get internal error after finishing reslove]

FYI, and I will try it again today based on Thomas's reply.

Cheers,
--Alex
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Alex,
I'm able to reproduce the error and I also have a workaround that might improve the build.

The problem seems to stem from the fact that you do a lot of imports from the target platform. Those imports are probably unnecessary. The preferred way to build against a target platform is to make Buckminster (i.e. the PDE build) aware of it. You do this by setting a preference. I made the following addition to the ant target "build":

  	<buckminster command="setpref">
  	  <args>
  	  	<arg value="targetPlatformPath=${targetPlatform.directory}"/>
  	  </args>
  	</buckminster>

The value of the ${targetPlatform.directory} would in your case be "/shared/eclipse_java/eclipse"

With that setting, it all builds successfully on my machine. The setting is equivalent to setting the preference "Plug-in Development" -> "Target Platform" -> "Location" in the IDE.

I will of course look into the reason why you get the error when doing imports but if my suggested change works for you, I might give it slightly lower priority. Let me know.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

PS.
I took the liberty to add a virtual distro that describes your target platform to the Cloudsmith website. You can find it here:

  http://www.cloudsmith.com/dynamic/view/81437759.mspec?cid=5801

Clicking on the "Materialize this" link will download and install everything.

Alex Chen wrote:
Sorry, forget the target platform:

[achen@terra-cotta:stp_depends]% find . -maxdepth 1
.
./mdt-ocl-SDK-1.1.1.zip
./GEF-SDK-3.3.1.zip
./emf-validation-SDK-1.1.1.zip
./jsr_jars-0.7.0
./GMF-sdk-2.0.1.zip
./emf-query-SDK-1.1.zip
./m2t-jet-SDK-incubation-0.8.1.zip
./wtp-sdk-R-2.0.1-20070926042742.zip
./emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.3.1.zip
./orbit-R200709171314.zip
./eclipse-SDK-3.3.1.1-linux-gtk.tar.gz
./emf-transaction-SDK-1.1.1.zip
[achen@terra-cotta:stp_depends]%

for jsr_jars-0.7.0, you can download from http://repo.open.iona.com/test-update-site/downloads//stp-jsr-R20070912.zip

Thanks,
--Alex

Alex Chen wrote:
Hi Thomas,

You can reproduce that by checkout Buckminster stuff for STP: http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/trunk/build/buckminster

Then you get everything there, and you can invoke build like:

$ant -Dbase.directory=/home/my/playground -Dlog.level=DEBUG build

Thanks,
--Alex

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Hi Alex,
Is there any way for me to reproduce this? It should be enough for me to know what your target platform looks like and then borrow your cquery+rmap.

- thomas

Alex Chen wrote:
Hi,

I always get internal error after finishing reslove, I open the debug flag and get messages below:

*******************************
[java] Provider eclipse.import(file:///shared/eclipse_java/eclipse): materializing to /local/temp/download/working/build/buckminster/workspace/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui/ [java] Provider svn(http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/trunk/org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation/org.eclipse.stp.xef): materializing to /local/temp/download/working/build/buckminster/workspace/plugins/org.eclipse.stp.xef/ [java] Provider svn(http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/trunk/org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation/features/org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation): materializing to /local/temp/download/working/build/buckminster/workspace/features/org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation/
     [java] Query complete.
[java] Project org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring now has dynamic dependencies to org.eclipse.compare org.eclipse.jface.text org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring org.eclipse.team.ui org.eclipse.ui org.eclipse.ui.navigator
     [java] An internal error occurred during: "Metadata refresh".

I invoke resolve command using "--loglevel DEBUG", and can't get more detail information even I add -v to Ant.

Any insight?

Thanks,
--Alex

--- End Message ---