|Re: [stp-dev] SCA Composite Tools is commited|
Etienne Juliot wrote:
Hi,SCA Composite Tools with the GMF Designer is commited under svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/trunk/org.eclipse.stp.contrib/org.eclipse.stp.sca/You can test this version, but for test only. It works on SCA 1.0 XML files. Etienne Juliot
I'm trying the editor. Very nice! I have a few comments and questions. I ran into some minor issues:1. French accented characters in some of the @author tags confuse the IBM JDK on Linux, I had to remove them to be able to load the source in my workspace.
2. I was looking for a "New composite" wizard, found the "initialize addressing_diagram diagram file". It would be good to support "Open With / SCA composite editor" a .composite file.
3. The following composite: <composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0" targetNamespace="http://hello" name="Hello"> </composite> gives me an blank diagram with no composite in it.4. Looks like the user needs to add the composite from the palette himself, which seems odd if he's already editing a .composite file.
5. Adding a composite to an existing diagram wipes it out, surprised me a bit and gave me the opportunity to redo the whole composite a second time :)
6. I didn't see right away what "Wire target" was, looks like you meant "Target attribute of a reference".
7. I was not able to delete a "Wire target" from the model. 8. I was not able to enter the QName of a composite implementation.9. Not all implementations (script and spring for example) seem to be editable.
10. Using sca_1.0 as the ns prefix for Tuscany's extensions to SCA is a little confusing, something like t: or tuscany: would be better.
11. It would be nice if "initialize addressing_diagram file" came with a default layout :)
And have a few questions:- Are there any plans to introspect a component implementation to automatically show its services and references on a component?
- Any thoughts about how to handle nested composites, like open another editor instance when you double-click a composite component?
- Can the editor handle partially broken diagrams, e.g. a wire with an incorrect target?
- Any thoughts about adding a source tab to the editor? Thanks! -- Jean-Sebastien
Back to the top