|Re: [stp-dev] SCA Composite Tools is commited|
Hi Jean-Sebastien, Comments inline. Jean-Sebastien Delfino a écrit :
Etienne Juliot wrote:Hi,SCA Composite Tools with the GMF Designer is commited under svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/trunk/org.eclipse.stp.contrib/org.eclipse.stp.sca/You can test this version, but for test only. It works on SCA 1.0 XML files. Etienne JuliotI'm trying the editor. Very nice! I have a few comments and questions. I ran into some minor issues:1. French accented characters in some of the @author tags confuse the IBM JDK on Linux, I had to remove them to be able to load the source in my workspace.
Fixed. I removed all the accented characters.
Yes, it exists two ways to create a graphical representation of an SCA composite file:2. I was looking for a "New composite" wizard, found the "initialize addressing_diagram diagram file". It would be good to support "Open With / SCA composite editor" a .composite file.
- using the wizard to create a new SCA diagram or- creating a graphical representation from an existing SCA composite ("initialize addressing_diagram diagram file" action on a composite file).
I don't think that it's a good approach to propose an action to open a graphical representation of an SCA Composite file. To open the graphical representation of the SCA assembly we need a composite diagram file, and you can open it directly with the SCA Composite Designer.
3. The following composite: <composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0" targetNamespace="http://hello" name="Hello"> </composite> gives me an blank diagram with no composite in it.
I will investigate on this...
Ok. I will automatically add the composite representation. I will also remove the composite creation tool from the palette (solution to problem #5 ;)4. Looks like the user needs to add the composite from the palette himself, which seems odd if he's already editing a .composite file.
5. Adding a composite to an existing diagram wipes it out, surprised me a bit and gave me the opportunity to redo the whole composite a second time :)6. I didn't see right away what "Wire target" was, looks like you meant "Target attribute of a reference".
Yes it is. We distinguish two types of wire : - "Wire" to add a wire element. - "Wire target" to set the target attribute of a reference.
7. I was not able to delete a "Wire target" from the model.
Yes I know, I'm trying to fix it.
8. I was not able to enter the QName of a composite implementation.
Can you give me more information? I can't reproduce this issue.
9. Not all implementations (script and spring for example) seem to be editable.
I can't also reproduce this issue. Do you have any errors in the error log?
10. Using sca_1.0 as the ns prefix for Tuscany's extensions to SCA is a little confusing, something like t: or tuscany: would be better.
Yes. I will improve this.
I will change the label menu from "initialize addressing_diagram file" to "initialize composite_diagram file".11. It would be nice if "initialize addressing_diagram file" came with a default layout :)
Yes, we need to implement the "arrange all" function (see roadmap )
And have a few questions:- Are there any plans to introspect a component implementation to automatically show its services and references on a component?
Yes. Bogdan (SAP) is planning to do this (see roadmap )
- Any thoughts about how to handle nested composites, like open another editor instance when you double-click a composite component?
You can do it. On an SCA implementation > right click > open diagram.
I don't know the behavior of the designer in different kind of situations. I will check this.- Can the editor handle partially broken diagrams, e.g. a wire with an incorrect target?
Yes. EBM Websourcing is developing a textual editor for SCA Composite files. We plan to link this editor with our SCA Composite Designer. (see )- Any thoughts about adding a source tab to the editor?
Thanks a lot for your comments. They are very constructive. Stéphane Drapeau Obeo  http://wiki.eclipse.org/SCA_Composite_Tools_roadmap  http://wiki.eclipse.org/SCA_Composite_Editor  http://wiki.eclipse.org/SCA_Composite_Editors
Back to the top