[stp-dev] Development plans for STP 1.0 release next year

Hi all,
Since nothing focusses the mind better than a deadline, we have made the
(unofficial) promise to go into the release train (Europa) for next year
:)

Working backwards from that, assuming a 30 June delivery, we get:

 RC2 -- 01 jun
 RC1 -- 04 may
 M3  -- 16 mar
 M2  -- 02 feb
 M1  -- 22 dec
 M0  -- 03 nov

The M0 at the end is a special case - at this point we should have
constructed a pipeline of work to prime us for the later deliveries.
Yes, it is in the very near future, but that I think is an advantage.

To put our planning in context we need to have in our mind some
framework and user scenarios that we can address for Europa delivery,
but we should also look at the technologies that are important for
developers of SOA applications. I'll follow up with some emails on
scenarios that come to my mind - let's get them rolling!

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top