RE: [stp-dev] Assembly model editor?

Hi Naci,

>We are currently experimenting with one.  It is based on the WTP SSE
>editor with a  design tab built using GEF.  We are using the STP core
>model, and generate a graphical view (a la XSD /WSDL editors). I will
>send some screen shots as the code is not yet public.

It's great to hear that you are using the STP core for this work :) I
think everyone on this list would be really interested in seeing how the
code works - screenshots will just whet our appetite for more. Did you
just use the Core project, or did you bring in of the other elements of
the project?

>There are some screencasts
>available with the project that should give you an idea of the existing

>SCA support.  If it amounts to something usable/useful we are
>considering them for  contribution into STP.
>
>http://lomboz.objectweb.org/documentation.html

I had a look at these, and I think that what you have here would be a
good starting point for a piece of work that would incorporate the
construction of multiple services, coalescence of them as an assembly
(editable using the graphical view you have mentioned above) and then
deployment to multiple containers.
So, effectively you have a developer/deployer scenario illustrated as an
example of using 3 of the 5 STP sub-projects.

I think this would be very cool :) What do the rest of you guys think?

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top