Re: [stp-dev] merging SC and SAF

Here is my two cents on the topic.

I agree that the tooling from both should be merged into a single subproject.  Is there a strong reason to split the core subproject like this?  I view the SAF framework an extension to the models which would argue that it belongs in the same subproject.  A subproject is typically more coarse grain and is not typically just a single feature or just a small set of plugins.  The subproject has a cohesive set of code that works together to achieve a goal.  In this case they serve as the core platform for which the STP project is built.

Regards,
Dan

"Beaurpere, David" <David.Beaurpere@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 05:45 AM

Please respond to
STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"STP Dev list" <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[stp-dev] merging SC and SAF

I would like to suggest to merge the SC and SAF subprojects together in a new project aimed at a dev tooling platform.

The rational behind is basically that: I do not have a name or particular setup to suggest and I guess that the idea would have to be approved by the PMC before anything happens but I just wanted to put the idea out there to see what people think of it.

rgds,
d.