Below is the agenda for the June call. Please contact me, judyvdouglas@xxxxxxxxxxx, if you want call in instructions or have any questions.
STEM Community Call, June 4, 2015
1. Merging Ebola Modeling calls into the STEM Community
- Downturn in the epidemic
- Invitation to participants in the Ebola calls to join in the monthly STEM Community calls
- Website revised at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Join_the_STEM_Community
- Discussion: Should the time of the STEM call be changed to allow participants outside the US to join in, as it was for the Ebola call?
2. Release status updates
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>Version 2.0.4 scheduled for June 5
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>Stefan on resolving Kamesh’s bug: Problem modifying value of one parameter, re-initializing scenario. Problem w/ STEM or unusual scenario? Problem w/ logger when running STEM headless?
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>Date for Milestone 1 for Version 3 set for October 21 to Matt (returning August 3) to do required fixes
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>Progress with Luna (Eclipse 4.x) and Java 8 and build process
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>Bug occurs with the model builder; can change the nature of the object
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>Current version of STEM uses Java 6, Eclipse 3; Eclipse 3 and Java 8 are not compatible
- Almaden team’s work on food safety
4. Feature request updates: DEFER ALL UNTIL MIGRATION TO JAVA 8 AND LUNA COMPLETED
[Restricting air travel for certain compartments; New plug in to measure poverty; Plug in for roads in Africa; Batch to control sequencer; Log automated experiments (?); Modify sequencer to get automatic experiments to run batch]
5. Java 8 compatibility/support and Eclipse 4.x (Luna): TOP PRIORITY See item 1.
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>Kamesh’s bug (Item 1 above)
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>Any new bugs reported
7. Items from participants