Re: [starter-dev] Cleanup/Reconiliation

As promised, I have issued a draft PR I would urge you to kindly begin looking at: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/starter/pull/170. I am not quite done yet and I will keep working on it. So far I have implemented: the minimal REST example, Jakarta EE version, Jakarta EE profile, Java SE version, runtime choice (including none) and Docker support (as an option).

Unfortunately my wife and daughters are not feeling well and I need to pay some attention to them this weekend. But I do think I have made enough progress for us to able to look and and discuss together.

So far, my sincere view remains that we should proceed with just one Archetype and evaluate carefully how to evolve as we go. That will make life simple overall for us and the users. Really the only slight bit of complexity is in the pom.xml, Dockerfile and generated README.md. I believe that can be easily made better if desired by simply separating those files only into runtime specific ones in sub-directories (e.g. payara/pom.xml, glassfish/pom.xml, tomee/pom.xml, etc). Let me know if you would like to see how that looks like. I am happy to attempt it if it helps us move forward.