Re: [spatial4j-dev] [Dev] Giving a talk in two weeks on Lucene spatial

Hi Steve,

It was cool meeting you at FOSS4G! I sent you an email separately with my slide deck from FOSS4G.  I fixed a bad URL in it but otherwise it is unchanged.

I’ll be presenting on spatial at Lucene/Solr Revolution in about one week.
Link: http://lucenerevolution.org/presentations/#the-latest-in-spatial-temporal-search
It will definitely not be the same deck as FOSS4G because this conference is targeted at a “search” crowd and thus I don’t need to educate people about search first. I’ll definitely pass on my deck to you when it’s ready; you might have to remind me though.

In January I’ll be adding a spatial heat-map capability to Lucene-spatial with tie-in on the Solr layer.  It’s gonna be awesome — I’m very excited about it!  In the mean time, not much new as I’ve got to get the damned book done, and clear out various obligations.

p.s. we have a new dev list: spatial4j-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I should update the home page accordingly.  This list should be shut down.

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer

I will be speaking about Lucene spatial at ApacheCon EU in two weeks and want to bring my talk up to date.

Dave, can you please send me the deck from FOSS4G.

Is there anything key that people want me to point out about the new Lucene spatial work?

Thanks
Steve