Re: [servlet-dev] Diffs between EE4J_8 and master

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 9:14 PM Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm catching up with where things are and looking at the current diff
between EE4J_8 and master.

The ones I am most concerned about are the differences between the
pom.xml files. Any objection to a PR to pull the updates made only in
EE4J into master?

The remaining differences between the branches are - arguably - cosmetic
although my preference remains to fix as many as possible in the first
EE4J release.

They are:

I am ok with the following:

- Javadoc warnings (missing parameters, wrong element order etc.)
- Format Javadoc as Javadoc not comment
- Redundant specification warnings <String> when <> works
- Unused imports
- Avoid auto-(un)boxing

The following will cause TCK failures in the signature tests (and as such are out for now, maybe we can do this later once we have a TCK change process sorted):

- Missing @Overrides
- Missing @Deprecated
- Missing serialVersionUID

That said I think we should hold off with these changes for for now, release what we have, and put these into the next minor release.

As the Automatic-Module-Name issue has not been decided yet we are going to need to do another minor release anyway, so in the interest of getting the first release out the door I think we should hold off and merge these into that release.

If this approach is ok with everyone then I think we should start the release review process with the existing staged 4.0.2 version.

Stuart

and they are in roughly priority order for me.

I am happy to produce individual PRs for each of the above. Which, if
any, would be acceptable?

Cheers,

Mark