Re: [science-iwg] Committer representation on the Steering Committee

Hi Everyone,

Further to this. It's always best to not reinvent the wheel if there's a good wheel available. For this reason, what I propose is as follows, a model based on Eclipse & LocationTech... we include a ratio of 1 committer representative to start, and 1 more for every 3 Steering Committee members. 1:3 is actually a lower ratio than Eclipse & LocationTech who both use 1:5, but I think this makes sense in this group.

To recognize contribution, the committer positions on the Steering Committee will be nominated and elected by fellow committers from Science Working group projects. It would use the same voting mechanism used by Eclipse & LocationTech elections... non transferable voting.

Thoughts?

Andrew