Re: [science-iwg] Brief update on science-iwg related discussion at EclipseCon

Xihui,

I think that is the perfect place for it. It is a very natural fit.

Jay

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Chen, Xihui <chenx1@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

In the mean time when we were discussing contributing swt-xygrpah to Eclipse, the Eclipse Nebula project lead Wim Jongman also contacted me about contributing it to Nebula. I think it is a good idea to contribute swt-xygraph as a sub-project to Nebula, which is similar to the relationship between draw2d and GEF. That is because Nebula is already a well-known project, which will help to give a wider exposure to our project. This will also help to avoid the heavy procedure to create a new Eclipse project. Name of this sub-project might be “Visualization”, which means all visualization related widgets can be put here, for example, 2D and 3D graph, chart, map, gauge, thermo and so on. If you have a better name in mind, please let me know. If no one is object, we will kick off the process soon.

Thanks,
Xihui