Von: rest-dev [mailto:rest-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Santiago Pericasgeertsen via rest-dev
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Dezember 2023 16:01
An: Jakarta Rest project developer discussions
Cc: Santiago Pericasgeertsen
Betreff: [rest-dev] Jakarta REST 4.0 in EE 11?

Hi All,

 As you know, the current plan is for us to deliver Jakarta REST 4.0 to EE 11. We are currently part of Wave 5:

"Wave 5 specs to have release review by 2024-02-29."  (see spec mailing list)

 As far as I understand, this means we need to deliver (1) Spec (2) Javadocs (3) TCKs and (4) at least one compatible implementation. In my view, completing (3) and (4) will be extremely challenging in the time that is left.

 We have had some community contributions this year, but likely not at the rate that is required to produce a radically new release as was originally proposed for EE 11.

 Let’s collect some answers (please answer both questions):

 (A) Should Jakarta REST 4.0 be part of EE 11?

 (B) Do you have time to contribute cycles to complete any of the 4 deliverables listed above?

 Thank you.

— Santiago