Re: [platform-ui-dev] Activate the "Show in the Original Location" by default for minimized stacks?

I agree with that and am -1 for the change.

The benefit of the current behavior/default is that it shows the part close to the minimized icon, while with the "original" location it might appear anywhere in the window. In addition, it messes up the layout of my existing "normal" parts. Both very disturbing things to me.

Dani

From:        Christian Pontesegger <christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx>
To:        platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        03.07.2017 19:16
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Activate the "Show in the Original Location" by default for minimized stacks?
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 03.07.2017 18:37, Lars Vogel wrote:
> We have the option to show the view in its original location. See
> option.png and the resulting showinitsoriginallocation.png.
I do like the overlay behavior. I then typically resize the overlay to
vertically fit my eclipse window. Then I use such overlays for views
that I do not want to persist, eg outline view, type hierarchy, git
repositories, ...

Probably you missed to upload 2 more images to demonstrate what you are
up to, but I would miss the current fast view style.

Christian