[platform-ui-dev] Lazily expand a tree item with a subset of all children of the model possible?

Hello,

As the eclipse platform looks very promising to us we are currently evaluating if we could move from Swing to SWT. At least one question remains. In our application we visualize very big data structures in Swing using a JTree (a TreeNode can easily have as many as 50000 children) and we are only providing the visible TreeNodes. This is quite easy and performs well as the API supports getChildCount() and getChild().

As far as we see in SWT it is necessary to add all TreeItems to it's parent when a node is expanded. All that we found is an example to lazily provide the children of it's parent. For us this is not enough. Is there any concept so that this would be much more lazy eg. to "load" only the visible ones?

Any hints are welcome.
Thank you.

--hermann

Back to the top