Mickael,

Do you mean reopened, auto-closed issues won't get auto-closed in the future again? Or does the auto-closing will occur automatically for all issues without any change within a certain period regardless of the re-opened state?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
=============
syntevo GmbH
www.syntevo.com

On 2022-02-18 14:44, Mickael Istria wrote:
On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 11:09 AM Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personally, when I see my tickets automatically closed, I regret the time
spent to file the reports, and I start to think about looking for alternate
solutions to replace the buggy project.

Reporters can also read the message that's send with the close message to
know why it is closed and other possible reactions.

If the final decision will be to auto-close the tickets, and we really care
for the users, sorry to say it, but how about providing a link to VS Code?

That won't change much. VSCode also auto-close inactive tickets:
https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/52247#issuecomment-400660468

This might also reduce the risk of having the tickets reopened... :-(

You totally misunderstood the rationale in favor auto-closing. Having
tickets reopened is exactly what auto-closing is meant for, it's the
desired effect that someone will read the notification and think the ticket
is still worth a comment to revive it, providing extra info even just a
"still happens with latest release". Good triaging/prioritizing means we
have people doing this kind of work, as the committers are not doing it
because they're busy with other things and have their own goals and
motivations that can often be different from just making some random users
happy, it's fair to give some more responsibility to the community in
triaging/verifying their bugs themselves; so at least someone care.
Auto-closing implies some triaging: it's reopened => still worth being
considered, no-one reopens => no need to care, no need to keep tracking it.