Re: [platform-dev] Preparing SWT native code for building from a shell?

Hi Torklid,

Are you looking at building the SWT libraries and source?
You can do that using the existing ant scripts in the SWT repository. You need to call the specific target depending on the required output.

Go into the swt-gtk fragment
cd eclipse.platform.swt.binaries/bundles/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64

To build the native libraries and swt-gtk java source, run the ant script build.xml which is there at the location.
1. Build swt-gtk native libraries
ant -f  build.xml build_libraries

2. Build the jar
ant -f  build.xml build.jars

To create a zip with native libraries and source
1. Build swt-gtk native libraries
ant -f  build.xml build_libraries

2. Build source and create zip with everything included
ant -f  build.xml swtdownload

If you are not interested in the building the native libraries and use the existing libraries from the fragment, please skip the build_libraries step.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi P Shanmugam,
Eclipse Platform Co-lead,
India Software Lab, Bangalore