[platform-debug-dev] Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Build contribution process

I agree with this proposal in theory, but in practice, there is a problem....

Currently, the "java debug ui" plug-in is at the top of the food chain. That is, "org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui" requires the "org.eclipse.jdt.ui" plug-in. Not only that, it accesses non-public API in the Java UI plug-in (which we are aware of, and are working to clean up). Since we rely on non-public API, the "Java debug UI" plugin is relying on a "moving target". If we were only to submit the last know stable version of the "Java debug UI", it could easily be incompatible (have compilation errors), with the "org.eclipse.jdt.ui" plug-in that is submitted for an integration build.

Darin

jared_burns@xxxxxxx
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/28/2001 09:40 AM