Re: [platform-debug-dev] Build contribution process

see EG>

                    jared_burns@xxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          To:     platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    platform-debug-dev-admin@e        cc:
                    clipse.org                        Subject:     [platform-debug-dev] Build contribution process

                    28.11.2001 16:40
                    Please respond to
                    platform-debug-dev

In the interest of improving the quality of the debugger build
contributions, I propose the following:

1. Every morning we version off our code, build the latest plugins, and
distribute them to be used in our host.
EG>to get good test coverage different VM and OS set-ups should be used to
run the exported plugins.

2. At the end of every day (or earlier) we declare the latest plugins
stable or instable, based on both our experience using the plugins and the
results of testing scenarios (smoke tests?).
EG>Why don't you just vote on it. To declare a drop stable you need 3+ and
no veto.

3. Each Tuesday we pick the most recent stable daily version and copy it
from the HEAD stream to the STABLE stream. We submit this version from the
STABLE stream.
EG>the use of STABLE streams is not recommended anymore. We gave up on it
because of implementation limitations (deleted elements are not handled
properly). The alternative to maintain the latest stable version ID
manually.

4. Any bugs that are reported in our submission to the Tuesday build are
fixed in the STABLE stream. Note: the STABLE stream always consists of
either the Tuesday submission or the Tuesday submission plus fixes (not
feature additions or refactorings) to the Tuesday submission.

5. On Thursday we submit the latest version of the STABLE stream, which
consists of the Tuesday submission plus any fixes we made to that version.
6. HEAD stream development continues at all times at our current pace.
EG>If you are using streams then changes need to be promoted from STABLE to
HEAD.

- Jared

Back to the top