Re: [paho-dev] A request for committer status on components

Hello Ian and all,

Don't forget there's a pre-release *Rust* client available!  It's not getting crazy traffic yet, but there's some use, and I hope it will increase. I'm starting to use Rust for my own IoT work, and have been pretty happy with it.
https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.rust

The Rust library currently wraps the existing Paho C release, supporting MQTT v3.1.1. I have a few minor build issues to address, but it is fairly stable. I may call this the v1.0 release, because I will likely not have time to do an upgrade to MQTT 5 before June.

-----

As for the C++ client, I'm behind schedule, but there has been a fair amount of activity in the last few weeks on the develop branch, although most is bug fixing and updates to the Build system.

My plan for the C++ library is to:
(1) Get a bug-fix release out ASAP (v.1.0.1) based on the latest Paho C v1.2.1
(2) Get the updates out to support MQTT v5 for the June release

Frank